Medical and Surgical Facilities
At Highfield Veterinary Centre we have invested in, and continue to invest in a wide range of up-to-date medical and surgical facilities and equipment, enabling most procedures to be performed 'in house'.
- New sterile operating theatres, fully equipped with modern anaesthetic equipment (and using “gold standard” anaesthetic agents), lighting and monitoring facilities.
- Full range of surgical equipment to allow major surgery to be undertaken. Michael has a particular interest in Orthopaedic surgery and likes to be fully equipped.
- Separate dog and cat/rabbit wards to reduce stress and any risk of infection. All are safe, comfortable and warm. We use pheromone releasing plug-in devices and sprays to help keep your pets calm in the wards.
- Digital x-ray facilities giving ultra-fast and exceptionally detailed x-rays enabling us to make an accurate diagnosis for your pet.
- ECG heart monitoring equipment.
- Extensive laboratory with a full range of equipment for same day results.
- Ultrasound available for noninvasive internal investigations and pregnancy diagnosis.
- Ultrasonic dental equipment and high speed dental drill, for your pet’s dental hygiene.
Mrs Vicky Ironside - MA, VetMB, CVC, MRCVS is available to undertake cardiology referrals. Vicky has her own equipment, including a high quality ultrasound machine for performing cardiac scans and a 24 hour ECG for investigating heart rhythm disturbances. Please contact the surgery to arrange a consultation.
Ophthalmology (eye) referrals
Mr Steven Bossuyt - CertVOphthal MRCVS is available for referral consultations at Highfield Veterinary Centre. Please ask the veterinary surgeon at your usual practice to contact us to arrange a referral in the first instance.
David Strong - BVM&S MRCVS is available to undertake orthopaedic referral work at Highfield Veterinary Centre including surgery for cruciate rupture or deficiency eg. Tibial Tuberosity Advancement (TTA); all fracture repairs; pancarpal or pantarsal arthrodesis. Please contact the surgery to arrange a consultation or surgery with David.